Application closes: November 17th, 2017
Location: Vancouver, BC
Security is not what you think it is. It is not about being tall or aggressive. It is not about catching the bad guys or taking people down on the street. Security is about helping people. It is 50% customer service and 50% common sense. If you are good at thinking on your feet and love helping people, we have a job for you!
We are currently looking to hire 2 people to join our industry leading, Community Mobile Patrol and Response Team.
What got Provident in the news more than 15 years ago, was our 5 minute alarm response. Our cars may have changed, but they are still yellow and we are still providing that same, unparalleled service on the west side of Vancouver. Our Community Mobile Patrol and Alarm Response Team is at the core of our company and the embodiment of our #1 core value; We Can Do That.
Responsibilities and Duties
As part of our 24/7 Vancouver Mobile Alarm Response Team you will be the primary responder to alarms. From being the eyes and ears on the ground during emergency situations to patrolling our client’s homes when they are on vacation; this position requires you to adapt to every changing and often conflicting priorities. You will be asked to work with our clients, technicians and customer service team to identify problems, determine the cause and take steps to fix it.
If you are looking for a job where you are always moving and every day is different, then this would be a perfect fit!
Qualifications and Skills
- Currently have or able to obtain your security license; this means you are 19 or older, have no criminal record and are legally entitled to work in Canada
- Class 5 drivers licence
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work with clients from a diverse background in a courteous, professional and confidential manner
- Ability to troubleshoot and find the best solution for our clients
- Experience working as a supportive team member as well as independently
- Detail oriented and observant
- Thrive under pressure and able to think on your feet
- Able to work shift work; including graveyard and weekend shifts
- Able to come to work in Vancouver, BC
- Competitive salary
- Paid training and ongoing support
- Use of a company vehicle while on shift
- Uniforms provided
- Full time, permanent employment
- Great work environment
- Opportunity for advancement
- Extended health benefits for full time employees
Please apply by emailing your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org